The period for submitting proposals is now closed- Thank you.
Guidelines for Submission
- 250-word abstracts
- Proposals invited from language instructors of all levels, researchers and graduate students
- All languages welcome
- Presentations are limited to twenty minutes, followed by a ten-minute discussion period
- Please include any audiovisual equipment needs for your presentation
- Submission deadline: Thursday, February 14, 2013
- Related Symposium Topics:
The place of global languages across the science and liberal arts curriculum
The link between foreign languages and the global citizen
Interdisciplinary approaches in language learning and teaching
Promotion of team-taught courses with a foreign language component
Language for special purposes
Quantification of learning outcomes
Proposals should include a title clearly indicating the topic and the student population addressed as well as a clear description of a project or study and its implications. Preference will be given to proposals which include: a) The teaching, learning or programmatic issue(s) being addressed. The issue(s) should be clearly situated: How is the presentation relevant to the proposed topic? b) The criteria employed to develop the study/presentation. Cite appropriate research. Indicate which language the materials will be presented in and the applicability to other languages. c) An explanation of the affected outcome or changes as well as the criteria used to assess outcomes. Max. length: 250 words.
Presentations are limited to twenty minutes, followed by ten minutes for discussion.